Over the course of 3 days, you will work in teams of 4 to create a solution for one of the problem statements revealed at the opening ceremony of the Makers Makeathon. Teams will be formed on the 1st day of the event after the problem statements are announced. There is no registration fees for attending the launch of Makers Makeathon, but participants who wish to continue with the event have to pay a fee of 500 INR per participant. Only 25 product ideas will be shortlisted to continue for the event. Team formation time will be open after announcing the problem statements and will be closed on the second day. Teams need to be approved by mentors and be as multidisciplinary as possible. Participants will get badges showing their skills and areas of interests to make it easier to recognize talent to form teams.
Makers Makeathon is a platform for engineers and non-engineers, students and professionals to collaborate to build innovative solutions to challenging problems.
In just one weekend, build a product to solve one of our problem statements with your team and guidance from mentors. Learn about the product design process and pitching through the inspirational breaks and conversations with peers and industry professionals.
Join the conversation and learn from your peers and mentors in the industry and close out the weekend by pitching your product for a chance to win goodies up to 50k, 6 months access to makers lab and space internship opportunity at Sandbox Startups.
5 reasons why you should participate:
- Join the makers community and meet multidisciplinary makers/developers
- Gain practical exposer to new technologies and hands on experience on utilizing cutting edge machines available at the makers lab
- Learn how to prototype innovative ideas efficiently while reducing the product development cycle
- Network with exciting startups, enthusiastic makers/developers and explore further opportunities
- Chance to win awards up to 50K in goodies, 6 months makers lab access for the top 3 teams and certificates for all the top 100 participants
Frequently Asked Questions
A problem statement is a concise description of an issue to be addressed or a condition to be improved upon. It identifies the gap between the current (problem) state and desired (goal) state of a process or product. Makers Makeathon problem statements will be revealed on the first day of the event. Problem statements will be targeting more than one sector.
Students, graduates and professionals from all different backgrounds are welcome to register. We believe that multidisciplinary teams can tackle problems from different angles, which may result in better quality product solutions.
Participants need to provide their own laptops. We will be providing the tools needed to operate the facilities available at sandbox startups. The facilities include: fully loaded Makers Lab, 3D Printers, IOT tools, electronic lab,CNC, laser cutting machine, carpentry tools, PCB design and printing and working space. Facilitators will be operating some of the machines to insure the safety of all the participants.
Potentially, any product that could solve any of the problem statements. The product could be hardware or software or a mix of both. Participants have the freedom to explore any technologies that may be used to solve a problem statement.
The Entree of the first day is for free, but individuals who choose to officially register for Makers Makeathon and continue with the event have to pay a registration fee of 500 INR. This would cover the costs of food and equipment.
- Get to meet multidisciplinary people, Peer to Peer Learning
- Practical Exposure to Technology/Hands on Learning
- Platform for creative/innovative ideas or products
- Opportunity to learn and utilize the makers lab for all kind of professionals and local community
- Support ideation product startups in experimenting and building prototypes
- Build prototypes much faster & reduce the product development cycle
- Developing technical skills and building innovative ideas/products
- Be a part of makers community ecosystem
- For technology aspirants to gets hands-on experience on the latest industry machineries and quench their thrust of knowledge
Subscribe to our newsletter to get all our news in your Inbox.