Job Position: Mechanical Engineer
Education: Technical (Mechanical/ Electrical/ Civil Engineering) Degree
Language: Fluent in Kannada, Proficient in English
Product Relations: Comfortable forming relationships and describing product to farmers
Job Location: Hubballi
About the Project:
Suryodaya is creating the A3S (Advanced Adaptable Agricultural System), a new high-performance and affordable solar-electric nursery and drying system for farmers in India. A3S was developed by a team based at Stanford University, USA with on-the-ground partners, the Deshpande Foundation and Pequrel Microelectronics Pvt. Ltd.
Recently, Suryodaya completed a 500-kg-scale prototype near Bellary and a 2000-kg prototype near Navalgund, Karnataka. With these two prototypes, Suryodaya plans to conduct further product testing and design refinement, to pilot a drying-as-a-service and nursery business model and deploy more A3S pilots in the coming year. Suryodaya is seeking motivated, self-starting mechanical engineering graduates to join the team to help execute activities on the ground in India in order to achieve Suryodaya’s short- and long-term goals. This position will begin as a 1-month unpaid internship and will transition into a paid position if the working relationship is productive for both parties.
Key Roles and Responsibilities:
- Work with India-based team to refine design of A3S
- Provide hands-on product development and construction of future A3S structures to be built around Karnataka
- Conduct quantified tests to determine efficiency and value-addition of the A3S systems and design improvements
- Report to India-based Project Manager and occasionally USA-based team
Relevant Attitude and Experience:
- Self-starter attitude, team player, eager to learn
- Respectful of timeliness, deadlines, and open communication
- Education: Technical (Mechanical/ Electrical/ Civil Engineering) Degree
- Language: Fluent in Kannada, Proficient in English
- Product Relations: Comfortable forming relationships and describing product to farmers
Length of initial appointment:
- 1 month, unpaid trial period
- If both parties are satisfied with the working relationship, interns will be eligible for promotion to 5-month paid engineer positions and potential beyond that
We are located at
Next to Airport, Opp to Gokul Village, Gokul Road, Hubballi, Karnataka.
Subscribe to our newsletter to get all our news in your Inbox.